June 22, 2016
Greetings Saint Ambrose Parents!
I hope that this letter finds you and your family enjoying the first official days of summer. The end of the school year came very quickly and as you make plans for the summer, I wanted to share a few updates with you.
Summer Camp 2016
- Summer Camp begins on Monday, June 27
@ 7:30 AM-We will open the doors of the gym early on Monday (only) at 7:15 AM so everyone can pick up t-shirts, order lunch & sign permission slips. Summer Camp lunch orders will be placed and paid for each Monday.
Please use these numbers during summer camp for questions or inquiries 301-341-3284 or 202-579-6049 (Katie’s cell phone number) and email@example.com for email correspondence. Weekly themes are on the website. Registration/tuition fees are non-refundable.
– Tuition payments are to be made on a monthly basis. The first payment is due July 7
. If you register after July 1
, the first payment must be paid by July 21
at the school office. Tuition payments are collected for 10 months, July-April. If you pay your tuition in full, you will not be required to fundraise or complete volunteer hours. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
– The supply list was sent home with the 4
quarter report card and is also attached. These supplies should be sent to school on the first day with your child(ren). All supplies must be labeled with your child’s name.
Summer Math & Reading Materials
– All new families should stop by the school office and pick up Summer Bridge Activity book (rising Kindergarten – rising 2
user names & pass words (rising 3
Grade – rising 5
Grade), reading books (rising 6
Grade – rising 8
passwords & log-in codes (rising 3
Grade – rising 8
Grade) as soon as possible.
Parent Information Night
– As it is an annual tradition now, to help alleviate some of the confusion for new families and avoid the mad rush during the first few days of school, I will host a Parent Information Night before the school year begins. This informational session will be held in the School Library on Wednesday, August 24
from 6:00-7:30 PM. The information session offers parents the opportunity to use the uniform exchange (open from 6:00-7:30 PM), make ESP payments, sign up to volunteer for HSA activities & events and ask general information questions. School representatives, HSA officers & I will be available to make sure you receive valuable information that will help make our school year run smoothly.
Again this year, we will have a New Family Orientation for parents and students on Friday, August 26, 2016 from 8:00-10:00 AM. A special invitation will be sent home to new families in mid-July.
– In order to maintain our computer lab and provide the best resources possible for our students, each family is required to pay a $65.00 technology fee per student, which is included in your FACTS payment. This fee will help ensure that our lab & SMART Technology equipment is up-to-date and our equipment is properly maintained.
Uniforms & Shoes
– Uniforms are to be purchased from Flynn & O’Hara.
3 convenient ways to purchase your child’s uniforms:
- Visit the Service Center:
Lanham Crossing Shopping Center
8807 Annapolis Road, Lanham, MD 20706 – (240)-764-4545
Monday: 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday & Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Friday & Sunday: CLOSED
Saturday: 9:30 AM-5:00 PM
- Order Online:
& follow the onscreen directions.
- Order by Phone:
Toll Free 1-800-441-4122
Saint Ambrose School Uniform Exchange – Summer Shopping Days:
: 7:30-9:30 AM, Tuesday,
: 4:00-6:00 PM & Wednesday,
: 6:00-7:30 PM
Uniform shoes have to be ALL BLACK. No white stitching, gray trim or silver buckles. No Exceptions!
Families that do not adhere to this rule will have to purchase an additional shoe and may be subject to a monetary fine. If you are not sure about the shoe, please contact the school office.
– The school calendar and handbook will be available online by the mid-July. Visit our website at
to view or print out a copy. A copy of this calendar/handbook will be distributed to the oldest child during the 1
week of school.
School Hours –
School will begin at 8:00 AM
and end at 3:00 PM
. It is imperative that students are on time and prepared for class each day. When students are rushing to class or running late, the day never gets off to a good start. Before Care begins at 7 AM and end at 7:45 AM.
School begins on Monday, August 29th at 8:00 AM
. The first day of school is a ½ day with dismissal at
12:00 Noon and
ESP is not in session
. The school office will be open during the school year from 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Our summer office hours are as follows:
(Office closed on 7/4)
: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
7/5-7/29: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
8/1-8/16: Office Closed
8/17 – 8/19: 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
8/22 - Resume normal hours (7:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
The Saint Ambrose School Faculty, Staff and I look forward to the upcoming school year. Please don’t hesitate to call the school office or email me at
if you have questions, comments or concerns. Have a fantastic summer!
Dian A. Carter